Put Putts are alive and well on Brisbane Water. Some of the most used Putt Putts in the area are Grand Tourer, Scallywag, Imp and Dodi. Each Friday – rain, hail or shine – one of these boats along with a normal (some might say abnormal) crew of 3 all dressed in Hawaiian Shirts can be seen heading to a different Brisbane Waters venue. From the Gosford Sailing Club to Koolewong Marina and the BoatHouse to Hardy’s Bay Bistro and RSL, these boats wile away a Friday afternoon while the crew discusses Bars, Beer and Bulls*!t. Anyone who wishes to join in, either in their own boat or aboard one of the ones listed (numbers restricted) is more than welcome. The BBB cruise departs the Putt Putt Wharf at Scandretts Boatshed, Davistown around 2 pm each Friday.
A long popular judging category at the Regatta is the “Best Novelty Boat & Crew” category. Sadly there has been a reducing number of entries in this crowd popular category over recent years. The Committee would like to encourage boaties to dress up their boats and crews and provide some light, colour and competition on the day. Some previous entries have been a Mississippi River Boat, a Viking Long Boat, the Batmobile, a Gondola and a number of Pirate Ships. Join in the fun for the day
2017 saw entrants across all the historic classes.
The winners were:
- Best ½ Cabin Putt Putt – Zimbawe – Mr Jeff Prendergast
- Best Dressed Crew – Lady Frisco – Mr Andy Moran
- Best Novelty Boat & Crew – Grand Tourer – Neil Mulcahy
- Most Original Putt Putt – Scallywag – Mr Dave Roach
- Best Diesel – Finally – Mr Paul Aarts
- Best Putt Putt Glass Over – Swanee – Mr Neil Presant
- Best Boat Under 5 years – Wholly Wood – Mr Alan Graham
- Gentlemen’s Launch – Lady Frisco – Mr Andy Moran
- People’s Choice Award – Nymphus – Mr Geoff Furniss
- Petrol Challenge – Wholly Wood – Mr Alan Graham
- Diesel Challenge – Finally – Mr Paul Aarts