2017 saw entrants across all the historic classes.
The winners were:
- Best ½ Cabin Putt Putt – Zimbawe – Mr Jeff Prendergast
- Best Dressed Crew – Lady Frisco – Mr Andy Moran
- Best Novelty Boat & Crew – Grand Tourer – Neil Mulcahy
- Most Original Putt Putt – Scallywag – Mr Dave Roach
- Best Diesel – Finally – Mr Paul Aarts
- Best Putt Putt Glass Over – Swanee – Mr Neil Presant
- Best Boat Under 5 years – Wholly Wood – Mr Alan Graham
- Gentlemen’s Launch – Lady Frisco – Mr Andy Moran
- People’s Choice Award – Nymphus – Mr Geoff Furniss
- Petrol Challenge – Wholly Wood – Mr Alan Graham
- Diesel Challenge – Finally – Mr Paul Aarts
A highlight of the Regatta is the judging of the various entry classes and the awarding of the respective trophies. The committee plan to continue with the historic awards but are looking to expand the entry categories to attract more and different types of Wooden Boat.
We will continue with Most Original Putt Putt, Best Boat Under 5 years, Gentlemen’s Launch, Best Diesel, Best Putt Putt (Glass Over), Best Half Cabin, the People’s Choice Award and of course awards for the Diesel and Petrol Challenges
We also look to encourage participants to dress up both themselves and their boats to contest the Best Dressed Boat and Best Novelty Boat & Crew category. This has always proved popular and provides light and colour to the event.